Angela Venditti was crowned Miss Michigan 2012 on June 16, 2012. She will represent Michigan in Miss America 2013 Pageant to held next January in Las Vegas.
Angela Venditti was crowned Miss Michigan 2012 on June 16, 2012
She will compete in Miss America 2013 pageant
Angela Venditti - Miss Michigan 2012
Miss Michigan 2012 Angela Venditti
Miss Michigan 2012 Angela Venditti:
– Name: Angela Venditti (pronounced: Ven-detti)
– Hometown: Shelby Township, Michigan
– Education: Oakland University Graduate 2011; Bachelor of Arts & Science, Communication
– Platform Issue: Above the Influence: Keeping Kids Drug Free
– Scholastic/Career Ambition: To become a successful Public Relations Representative
– Talent: Tap Dance
– Scholastic Honors: Dean’s List member ’08-09; Grade Point Average of 3.5 in core classes; Creative writing piece showcased at Oakland University’s Annual Festival of Writing
– Leadership Roles: Director of Public Relations & Communication for Oakland University’s chapter of the American Marketing Association; Leader of teen group at Joey Travolta’s Short Film Camp for autistic children; Group Facilitator at CARE’s Project Focus Youth Summer Camp; Co-Directed “AMA Saves Lives” DVD; Paper People Presenter; Varsity Dance Team Coach 08-10; Dance Instructor 07-11
– Accomplishments: Planned and orchestrated ‘So You Think You Can Dress?’ Business Fashion Show; Two-time speaker and workshop presenter at statewide Students Leading Students Annual Conference; Collaborated with Cinderella’s Closet to mentor teenage girls; Mistress of Ceremonies at Alpha Mu Alpha presentation; Seven-time Congeniality Award winner; Recognized for Outstanding Community Service, Fundraising & Membership at 2011 AMA International Collegiate Conference; Voice of the ESYS AutoW8t video; Graduate of Landmark Forum
– Interesting Facts: Translated The Giving Tree into American Sign Language; Appeared in “Teens Talking Truth: The Truth About Marijuana” DVD; Can recite the fifty states in order through song; I am a ‘secret shopper’
– Employment: Administrative Assistant at Esys Automation & Retail Associate at Glitz and Ears Boutique
– Marketing Plan: For a brand to establish credibility, it must maintain a strong presence online. The Miss America brand is no exception. As Miss Michigan, I will maintain Facebook and Twitter accounts. I will regard the title of Miss Michigan as that of a public relations representative. This positive representation is a marketing tool in itself and — along with my other initiatives — will help cement the ideals for which Miss America stands.
– Legacy: Upon the conclusion of my reign as Miss Michigan, I will have given youth in our state the tools to live above the influence and the desire to pass them on to their peers. I will be regarded as a representative who could effectively establish serious dialogue about drugs and decision-making. I will have successfully motivated others through my own display of dedication and drive. I will have made our partnership with the Children’s Miracle Network even stronger. I will have been part of the movement to keep kids free from chemical dependency.
Why should I be Miss Michigan: One of the best qualities I possess is my ability to effectively relate to others, which is an integral part of this job. An exemplary Miss Michigan would feel compelled to spark a change and make a difference. I can be the catalyst for that change—by empowering our youth to live above the influence.
Courtesy of Miss America Organization.