Cara McCollum, Miss Island Resort, was crowned Miss New Jersey 2013 on Saturday night of June 15, 2013 at the Music Pier. Cara of Princeton will now represent the state of New Jersey at the upcoming Miss America 2014 pageant in Atlantic City this September.
Cara McCollum being crowned Miss New Jersey 2013. Photo: Ben Fogletto.
Cara McCollum Crowned Miss New Jersey 2013
She will represent New Jersey at the upcoming Miss America pageant in Atlantic City.
The Arkansas native is 20 years old. With the title, she will receive an $11,000 scholarship.
McCollum is a student of Princeton University, majoring in English with a concentration in journalism.
McCollum’s pageant platform is giving the gift of reading, an effort she promotes through a program in which she collects and distributes books to children for their birthdays.
For Talent, She played the piano during the talent portion of the competition.
Miss New Jersey 2013 results:
– Winner: Cara McCollum, Miss Island Resort.
– The first runner-up: Brenna Weick, Miss Eastern Shore, of Mantua, Gloucester County.
– The second runner-up: Miss Atlantic County Lindsey Giannini, of Hammonton.
– The third runner-up: Miss Cape Shores Cierra Kaler Jones, of Galloway Township.
– The fourth runner-up: Miss Seashore Line Kaitlin Schoeffel, of Egg Harbor Township
Miss New Jersey 2013 top 10:
– Miss Cape Shores Cierra Kaler Jones
– Miss Coastal Shore Courtney Fairfield
– Miss Seashore Line Kaitlin Schoeffel
– Miss Cumberland County Ayla Gentiletti
– Miss Atlantic County Lindsey Giannini
– Miss Eastern Shore Brenna Weick
– Miss Island Resort Cara McCollum
– Miss Stars and Stripes Venessa Baez
– Miss Monmouth County Ellen Chu
– Miss Tri-County Nicole Washington
Miss America Mallory Hytes Hagan and Miss America Organization CEO Sam Haskell were both in attendance at the pageant. Miss New Jersey 1995 Dena Blizzard was the host.