Crystal Lee, Miss Chinatown Hawaii, was crowned Miss Hawaii 2013 at the end of the state’s pageant held on June 8, 2013. She will represent the state of Hawaii at the upcoming Miss America 2014 pageant in Atlantic this September.
Crystal Lee being crowned Miss Hawaii 2013
Crystal Lee, Miss Chinatown Hawaii, was crowned Miss Hawaii 2013
Taj’a Wong and Crystal Lee both represent the Miss Chinatown Hawaii Organization at Miss Hawaii 2013.
For talent, the former Rainbow Warrior Dancer performed Contemporary Dance.
Crystal’s pageant platform is “Gift of Life: Educating the Public About Giving Blood”.
Miss Hawaii 2013 results:
– Winner: Crystal Lee, Miss Chinatown Hawaii.
– The 1st Runner-up: Brittni Leinaʻala Woodward.
– The 2nd Runner-up: Lei Uʻi Kaholokula
– The 3rd Runner-up: Alexandra Roth, Miss Kauai
– The 4st Runner-up: Joleen Iwaniec, Miss East Oahu
– Talent Award: Crystal Lee, Miss Chinatown Hawaii
– Lifestyle and Fitness Award: Crystal Lee, Miss Chinatown Hawaii
– Community Service Award: Taj’a Wong, Miss Chinese Jaycees
– Miss Photogenic Award: Crystal Lee, Miss Chinatown Hawaii
The Miss Hawai’i Organization each year conducts the Miss Hawai’i Competition. It is an official preliminary to the prestigious Miss America Pageant, established in 1921, the single largest provider of scholarships for women in the world.
Hawai’i entered the Miss America Organization with its first contestant in 1948. Since then, Hawai’i has placed in the top ten 14 times and has ten 14 times; has had one 1st Runner Up Finalist, Kanoelani Gibson, Miss Hawai’i 2003 and has had two Miss America’s, Carolyn Sapp, Miss Hawai’i 1991 and, Angela Perez Baraquio, Miss Hawai’i 2000.
Courtesy of Miss Chinatown Hawaii Organization.