Ellie Smith, the reigning Miss North East Nevada, was crowned Miss Nevada 2014 at the conclusion of the Miss Nevada Scholarship pageant held at the Las Vegas Academy Theater on Sunday, June 1, 2014. With the title, she will represent the state of Nevada at the Miss America 2015 pageant, scheduled for this September in Atlantic City.
Sisters Ellie Smith and Amy Smith are the winners of 2014 Miss Nevada and Miss Nevada Outstanding Teen held at the Las Vegas Academy Theater Sunday, June 1, 2014. Photo credit: Las Vegas Sun.
Ellie of Henderson, 17, is currently a freshman at Brigham Young University. She was the former Miss Nevada’s Outstanding Teen 2013 and represented the state at the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen 2014 pageant.
Her talent for pageant is vocal.
Her platform is “Bullying: Don’t Let It Get to You.”
Ellie is a talented singer and stage actress, having starred in major regional theater productions.
– The first runner-up was Bailey Gumm of Minden;
– The second runner-up was Alexis Hilts from Las Vegas;
– The third runner-up was Angelica Bustos of Las Vegas;
-The fourth runner-up was Alisa Merino of Minden.
– The Miss America Academic Award went to Shreya Khosla of Gardnerville.
– The Miss America Community Service Award and CMN Miracle Maker Award went to Ellie Smith.
Former Miss Nevadas with newly crowned Miss Nevada 2014 Ellie Smith and Miss Nevada’s Outstanding Teen 2014 Amy Smith.
At the same event, Ellie’s sister Amy Smith was crowned Miss Nevada’s Outstanding Teen 2014. Amy is 15 years old and is a student at Las Vegas Academy of the Arts. She will represent Nevada at the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen 2015 pageant, scheduled for August 2, 2014 in Orlando, Florida.
Amy’s platofrm was “Amy’s Ambition: Empowering Youth Through Service.”
– The first runner-up was Baylee Bernstein of Henderson;
– The second runner-up was Carli Gumm of Minden;
– The third runner-up was Lauren Thompson of Carson City;
– The fourth runner-up was Tia Henderson of Sparks.