Kira Kazantsev, the reigning Miss City of New York, was crowned Miss New York 2014 at the conclusion of the state pageant held on May 24th, 2014 at the St. George Theatre, Staten Island, New York. She will represent the state of New York in the upcoming Miss America 2015 pageant, scheduled for September at Atlantic City’s Boardwalk Hall.
Kira Kazantsev being crowned Miss New York 2014 by the out-going queen Miss New York 2013 Amanda Mason and the reigning Miss America 2014 Nina (also from New York). Photo credit: Michael Scholl.
Kazantsev is 23 and she is fluent in Russian and English. Her talent for the event was vocals. her platform for pageant is “Love Shouldn’t Hurt: Protecting Women Against Domestic Violence”. She’s a recent graduate of Hofstra University’s Honors College and works as a waitress to pay her way through law school.
Her court includes:
– The first runner-up: Miss Finger Lakes, Desiree Wiley
– The second runner-up: Miss Staten Island, JamieLynn Macchia
– The third runner-up: Miss Southern Tier, Jillian Tapper
– The fourth runner-up: Miss Empire Rose, Cat Janisko
Miss New York 2014 Top 5:
– Miss Finger Lakes, Desiree Wiley
– Miss Southern Tier, Jillian Tapper
– Miss Staten Island, JamieLynn Macchia
– Miss City of New York, Kira Kazantsev
– Miss Empire Rose, Cat Janisko
Miss New York 2014 Top 10:
Miss Southern Tier, Jillian Tapper
Miss Staten Island, JamieLynn Macchia
Miss City of New York, Kira Kazantsev
Miss Metropolitan, Julia Rae Schlucter
Miss Cosmopolitan, Christina Moore
Miss Finger Lakes, Desiree Wiley
Miss Heart of New York, Claudette Gomez
Miss Richmond County, Stephanie Accardo
Miss Empire Capital Region, Katelynn Smith
Miss Empire Rose, Cat Janisko.
– SWIMSUIT: Desiree Wiley & Kira Kazantsev
– TALENT: Jillian Tapper & Cat Janisko
– Kira Kazantsev – Platform Service Award
– Jamie Lynn Macchia – Community Service Award
– Christina Moore – Academic Excellence Award
– Jamie Lynn M – CMN Miracle Maker Award
– Cat Janisko – Spirit Award
– Sarah Hreyo – Interview Award
– Anneliese Trust – Talent Award
– Jamie Hughes – Evening Wear Award
At the same event, Cady Stover, Miss Flower City’s OT, was crowned Miss New York’s Oustanding Teen 2014. She will compete in the Miss America’s Oustanding Teen 2015 pageant, scheduled for August 2, 2014 in Orlando, Florida. The first runner-up was Miss Fulton County’s OT, Morgan Romano. The second runner-up was Miss Richmond County’s OT, Charista. The third runner-up was Miss Empire Star’s OT, Sarah Pierson. The fourth runner-up was Miss Rochester’s OT, Alia.