Maddie Rose Holler was crowned Miss Arizona’s Outstanding Teen 2013 at the end of the pageant held at on May 4, 2013. She will represent the state of Arizona in the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen 2014 pageant.
The first runner-up was Samhita Vedula.
The second runner-up was Melissa Dubin.
The third runner-up was Chandi McCright.
The fourth runner-up was Keerstyn Edwards.
21 contestants competed in Miss Arizona’s Outstanding Teen 2013 pageant.
About the pageant:
Miss Arizona’s Outstanding Teen is Arizona’s state competition for the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen organization.
Miss America’s Outstanding Teen is a scholarship-based program, and was founded and sponsored its first National pageant in 2005. Through the efforts of thousands of volunteers across the country, the organization offers to accomplished teens the opportunity to win college scholarship funds.
The competition in Arizona is open to young ladies 13-17 years of age who must meet the following criteria:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be an Arizona resident (requirements for competing in a certain town or county local qualifier vary- see website for details)
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Organization.
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as set forth by the local program in which you compete.
Community Service is required on the local and state levels. A national platform is required on the state and national levels; however, contestants can still pursue a secondary community service platform.