Maria Alejandra López of Colombia was crowned Reina Hispanoamericana 2013 at the conclusion of the 23rd edition of the pageant held in Santa Cruz, Bolivia on December 12, 2013. She is 19 years old and stands 1.76 m. Her victory marks the third titles for Colombia at Reina Hispanoamericana. María Rocío Stevenson was the first winner in 2001 and Diana Milena Cepeda was the second in 2005.
Maria Alejandra López of Colombia was crowned Reina Hispanoamericana 2013
Reina Hispanoamericana 2013 – Maria Alejandra López. She is 19 years old and stands 1,76 m.
Reina Hispanoamerica 2013 final results:
– Winner: COLOMBIA Maria Lopez
– Vireinna: DOMINICAN REP Yaritza Reyes
– 1st Runner-Up: VENEZUELA Gabriela Graff
– 2nd Runner-Up:CHILE Maria Jose
– 3rd Runner-Up: MEXICO Gabriela Diaz
– 4th Runner-Up: PUERTO RICO Suzette Rivera
– 5th Runner-Up: PARAGUAY Guadalupe Gonsalez
– 6th Runner-Up: BOLIVIA Claudia Tavel
– Miss Photogenic: Gabriela Diaz MEXICO
– Miss Congeniality: Claudia Tavel BOLIVIA
– Best National Costume: Darling Trujilo NICARAGUA
Reina Hispanoamericana is an annual beauty pageant for Spanish-speaking countires which began in 1991 as Reina Sudamericana (South American Queen). The pageant is organized by Promociones Gloria, based in Bolivia. Up to 2003 the participants were restricted to the 10 countries in South America; in 2004 participants from Panama and Costa Rica in Central America were invited; and in 2006 participants from Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico & Spain joined. In 2007 Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras & USA were added, and the name changed to Reina Hispanoamericana. In 2008 were added Curacao and Haití. More than 20 contestants participate every year.