Miss America 2012, the 91st edition of Miss America pageant, will be held at the Theatre for the Performing Arts in Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas in January 14, 2012. It will be broadcast live on ABC. Miss America 2011, Teresa Scanlan from Nebraska, will crown her successor at the end of this event. All 50 states plus the District of Columbia, Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico will compete for the prestigious title. Please be noted that Miss America pageant is different from the Miss USA Pageant. The winner of Miss USA Pageant represent the United States in Miss Universe Pageant while the winner of Miss America does not compete in International beauty pageant. It is, hence, considered a scholarship competition rather than a beauty pageant.
>>> Amway awarded a $50,000 scholarship to Miss America 2012 Laura Kaeppeler
>>> Laura Kaeppeler, Miss America 2012
>>> Laura Kaeppeler of Wisconsin Crowned Miss America 2012
>>> Miss America 2012 Live Updates
>>> Miss America 2012 Pageant – Friday Night Crown Celebration
>>> Miss America 2012 Pageant – Arrival Ceremony
>>> Behind the Scene: Miss America 2012 Day 1 Rehearsal
– Miss Alabama 2011 Courtney Porter: Courtney Porter, Miss Leeds Area, was crowned Miss Alabama 2011 on June 12, 2011. She will represent Alabama in Miss America 2012 Pageant to be held in Spring next year. Porter is an Auburn University graduate, majoring in communications.
– Miss Arizona 2011 Jennifer Sedler: Jennifer Sedler was crowned Miss Arizona 2011 Saturday night at Mesquite High School in Gilber. She will represent Arizona in Miss America 2012 pageant.
– Miss Indiana 2011 Jackie Jerlecki: Jackie Jerlecki, 22, was crowned Miss Indiana 2011 on Saturday night June 25, 2011. She will represent Indiana in Miss America 2012. Jerlecki won the preliminary contest for her vocal performance. She is a graduate of Goshen High School and Bowling Green University.
– Miss California 2011 Noelle Freeman: Noelle Freeman, a 21-year-old Chapman University alumna, was crowned Miss California 2011 on Saturday, June 25 of the 86th Miss California annual pageant held at the William Saroyan Theatre in downtown Fresno. Noelle Freeman will represent California in Miss America 2012.
– Miss Colorado 2011 Diana Dreman: Diana Dreman was crowned Miss Colorado 2011 at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver. Diana is a student of University of Colorado at Boulder. She is 23-year-old and will represent Colorado in Miss America 2012. Her talent presentation was a Musical Theater Dance and her platform iss the American Cancer Society.
– Miss Connecticut 2011 Morgan Amarone: Morgan Amarone was crowned Miss Connecticut 2011/Miss Connecticut Scholarship 2011 at the Garde Arts Center in New London on June 25. Morgan is 23-year-old and will represent Connecticut in Miss America 2012.
– Miss Delaware 2011 Maria Cahill: Maria Cahill was crowned Miss Delaware 2011. Maria of Newark is 20 year old. She will represent Delaware at the Miss America 2012 pageant, next January in Las Vegas.
– Miss Georgia 201 1 Michaela Grace Lackey: Michaela Grace Lackey, Miss Heart of Lakes, was crowned Miss Georgia 2011 on Saturday night, June 18, 2011. She won a $15,000 scholarship and will represent Georgia in the Miss America 2011 Pageant in Las Vegas next year. The 21-year-old dancer from East Cobb is a senior at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem.
– Miss Iowa 2011 Jessica Pray: Jessica Pray, 18, was crowned Miss Iowa 2011 on Saturday. Her ambition is to sing with an opera company, according to her profile on the Miss Iowa site. Her platform is “Saving Lives through Blood Donation.”
– Miss Kansas 2011 Carissa Kelley: Carissa Kelley was crowned Miss Kansas 2011 Saturday night June 11 on the final day of the Miss Kansas Pageant at Pratt Community College. Carissa Kelley of Winfield is 24-years old, a graduate of Cowley College and has worked as a substitute teacher. Her previous pageant experiences as Miss Kansas Teen USA 2004. Kelley will receive a five-thousand dollar scholarship and will represent Kansas at the Miss America 2012 Pageant next January.
– Miss Kentucky 2011 Ann-Blair Thornton: Ann-Blair Thornton, a 21-year-old from Bowling Green, was crowned Miss Kentucky 2011 on Saturday July 16, 2011 at the University of Kentucky Singletary Center for the Arts. She is 21 year old and will represent Kentucky in Miss America 2012.
– Miss Louisiana 2011 Hope Anderson: Hope Anderson was crowned Miss Louisiana 2011 on June 25 at the 48th annual Miss Louisiana pageant at the W.L. “Jack” Howard Theatre in Monroe. She will represent Louisiana in Miss America 2012 Pageant.
– Miss Maine 2011 Julia Furtado: Julia Furtado was crowned Miss Maine 2011 Saturday night, June 17, 2011 in Crooker Theater at Brunswick High School. she will represent Maine in Miss America 2012 pageant.
– Miss Maryland 2011 Carlie Colella: Carlie Colella of Hagerstown was crowned Miss Maryland 2011 Saturday night, June 25, 2011 in her hometown. She will represent Maryland at the Miss America 2012 pageant, next January in Las Vegas. She ran on the platform, “Empowerment of Women: Creating an Equal Opportunity for Success.” Her talent is contemporary dance.
– Miss Massachusetts 2011 Molly Whalen: Middleborough native Molly Whalen was crowned Miss Massachusetts 2011 at the Hanover Theater in Worcester on July 9. The 20-year-old resident of Middleborough held the local pageant title of Miss Taunton. She had competed in the state pageant three years prior, at the age of 17, and took time off from pageants in order to complete her degree in dental hygiene from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
– Miss Michigan 2011 Elizabeth Wertenberger: Elizabeth Wertenberger, Miss Southwest, was crowned Miss Michigan 2011 Saturday night June 17, 2011 after four days of competition Muskegon’s Frauenthal Center for the Performing Arts. She will represent Michigan in Miss America 2012.
– Miss Minnesota 2011 Natalie Davis: Natalie Davis, Miss Mankato, was crowned Miss Minnesota 2011 on Saturday night, June 18, 2011 at Eden Prairie Performing Arts Center. She will represent Minnesota at the Miss America 2012 pageant in Las Vegas.
– Miss Missouri 2011 Sydney Friar: Sydney Friar of El Dorado Springs was crowned Miss Missouri 2011 on Saturday night June 11 at the Miss Missouri Pageant in Mexico. Sydney will represent Missouri at the Miss America 2012 next January in Las Vegas.
– Miss Montana 2011 Taryn Chute: Taryn Chute was crowned Miss Montana 2011 on June 18, 2011 in the Dawson County High School auditorium. She will represent Montana in Miss America 2012 Pageant.
– Miss Nebraska 2011 Kayla Batt: Kayla Batt was crowned Miss Nebraska 2011 last Saturday June 11, 2011 in North Platte. Kayla of Alliance is 21 year old and will represent Nebraska in Miss America 2012 next January. Kayla is a student at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln who ran on the platform, “Make Music Rock.” Her previous pageant experiences as Miss Nebraska’s Outstanding Teen 2007 and Top 10 at National Sweetheart 2010.
– Miss Nevada 2011 Alana Lee: Alana Lee, the 21-year-old broadcast journalism major at Dixie State College was ecstatic, crowned Miss Nevada 2011. She will represent Nevada in Miss America 2012 at Planet Hollywood on Jan. 14.
– Miss New Jersey 2011 Katharyn Nicolle: Katharyn Nicolle, a 19-year-old Dickinson University student from Wenonah, Gloucester County, was crowned Miss New Jersey on Saturday night, June 18, 2011 at the Ocean City Music Pier. Katharyn Nicolle will represent New Jersey in the Miss America 2012 Pageant.
– Miss New York 2011 Kaitlin Monte: Kaitlin Monte, 22, was crowned Miss New York 2011 at the St. George Theatre on Saturday night, June 18, 2011. Kaitlin Monte will represent New York in the Miss America 2012 Pageant.
– Miss North Carolina 2011 Hailey Best: Hailey Best, a Meredith College student and Miss Durham Hailey Best, was crowned Miss North Carolina at Memorial Auditorium in Raleigh on June 25, 2011. 20-year-old Best, of Goldsboro, succeeds 2010 Miss North Carolina Adrienne Core. Best will represent North Carolina in the Miss America pageant in January in Las Vegas.
– Miss North Dakota 2011 Ariana Walker: Ariana Walker was crowned Miss North Dakota 2011 in Williston on Saturday. Ariana of Bismarck is 21 year old. She will represent North Dakota in Miss America 2012 pageant, next January in Las Vegas. Ariana Walker was Miss North Dakota’s Outstanding Teen 2008 and Miss North Dakota Teen USA 2010.
– Miss Ohio 2011 Ellen Bryan: 22-year-old vocalist Ellen Bryan was crowned Miss Ohio 2011 at the Renaissance Theatre on Saturday night, June 18, 2011. Ellen Bryan will represent Ohio in the Miss America 2012 Pageant. Ellen was Miss Lake Festival 2008 in Celina. She is a graduate of Ball State University. Her platform issue for the pageant is lightning safety awareness.
– Miss Oklahoma 2011 Betty Thompson: Betty Thompson was crowned Miss Oklahoma 2011 on June 11, 2011 at Mabee Center in Tulsa. She will represent Oklahoma at the Miss America 2012 pageant, next January.
– Miss Pennsylvania 2011 Juliann Sheldon: Juliann Sheldon was crowned Miss Pennsylvania 2011 on June 19, 2011. Juliann Sheldon is a Point Park University student. She will represent Pennsylvania in Miss America 2012. Juliann Sheldon performed Jazzz Dance in the Talent Competition. her pageant platform is “Increasing Overall Awareness of Mental Health.”
– Miss South Dakota 2011 Anna Simpson: Anna Simpson, Miss Rapid City, was crowned the 65th Miss South Dakota Saturday night, June 25, 2011 in Hot Springs. Simpson will represent South Dakota in the Miss America pageant. Simpson won the preliminary talent competition Friday playing “Malaguena” on the piano – a day after she won the swimsuit competition.
– Miss Tennessee 2011 Erin Hatley: 20 year old Erin Hatley, Miss Collierville, was crowned Miss Tennessee 2011 Saturday night, June 18, 2011 at the Carl Perkins Civic Center. She will represent Tennessee at the Miss America 2012 pageant. Erin studied Hospitality and Resort Management at the University of Memphis.
– Kendall Morris Miss Texas 2011: Kendall was crowned Miss Texas 2011 on July 1, 2011. She will represent Texas in Miss America 2012 Pageant. Morris’ platform is “Leukemia: Living for a Cure” and she said she hoped to promote funding for research to find a cure for Leukemia during her reign as Miss Texas.
– Miss Vermont 2011 Katie Levasseur: Katie Levasseur, a 20-year old student at University of Vermont and member of Order of Omega Theta Psi Chapter and Alpha Delta Pi, was crowned Miss Vermont 2011 on June 25, 2011 at the South Burlington High School Performing Arts Center. She will represent Vermont in Miss America 2012.
– Miss Utah 2011 Danica Olsen: Danica Olsen, a Utah Valley University student, was crowned Miss Utah 2011 on June 25, 2011 at Capitol Theater in Salt Lake City. She will represent Utah in the Miss America 2012 Pageant. Miss UT 2011 talent in the pageant was Dance and her pageant platform is “Prescription Drug Addiction Awareness.”
– Miss Wisconsin 2011 Laura Kaeppelar: Laura Kaeppelar, Miss Southern Wisconsin, was crowned Miss Wisconsin 2011 at Alberta Kimball Auditorium on Saturday night, June 18, 2011. Laura Kaeppelar won a $10,000 college scholarship and will represent Wisconsin in the Miss America 2012 Pageant.