Amy Crain was crowned Miss Arkansas 2013 at the conclusion of the Miss Arkansas Scholarship Pageant held in Hot Springs Saturday night of July 20th, 2013. She will represent the state of Arkansas in the upcoming Miss America 2014 pageant, scheduled for September 15th in Atlantic City.
Amy Crain being crowned Miss Arkansas 2013 by the outgoing queen Sloane Roberts, the 2012 Miss Arkansas. Photo credit: The Associated Press.
Newly crowned Miss Arkansas 2013 Amy Crain. She will compete in the Miss America 2014 pageant
At the time of her crowning as Miss Arkansas, Amy is the reigning Miss Diamond Lakes. Amy, 23, the University of Arkansas graduate and Hot Springs native, also won the Buddy Coleman Memorial Overall Talent Award and the Overall Dance Award.
Her pageant platform is “Bullying: Prevention and Recovery”.
For pageant talent competition, Amy performed contemporary clogging.
With the title, Amy walks away with a $20,000 scholarship and more than $50,000 in awards, wardrobe, transportation and gifts.
With the title, Amy marks the end of state pageants to select contestants for the Miss America 2014 pageant.
Miss Arkansas 2013 final results:
– Winner: Amy Crain, Miss Diamond Lakes.
– The first runner-up: Tracy Neal, Miss Heart of the Ozarks.
– The second runner-up: Abby Lindsey, Miss Ouachita River.
– The third runner up: Kiley Wright, Miss Ouachita Baptist University.
– The fourth runner up: Lauren Howell, Miss University of Central Arkansas.