Sarodj Bertin, Miss Haiti, was crowned Reina Hispanoamericana 2012 at the finale of the pageant held on October 25 in at Promociones Gloria in Santa Cruz, Bolivia.
Sarodj Bertin – Reina Hispanoamericana 2012
Reina Hispanoamericana 2012 final result
Miss Haiti Sarodj Bertin Crowned Reina Hispanoamericana 2012
– Winner of Reina Hispanoamericana 2012: Sarodj Bertin
, Miss Haiti
– Virreina Hispanoamericana: Juliana Sampaio
, Miss Spain
– The third place: Alexia Viruez, Miss Bolivia.
– The fourth place: Stephania Stegman, Miss Paraguay
– The fifth place: Jeanine Castro, Miss Brazil
– The sixth place: Ana Lorena Ibanez, Miss Panama
– The seventh place: Damaris Aguiar, Miss Cuba.
Sarodj Bertin profile
Bertin was born in Haiti in 1986. She has worked for the International Alliance for Haiti’s Recovery and is currently a law student living in the Dominican Republic. She speaks French, Spanish, English, and Creole fluently.
After the 2010 Haiti Earthquake, Bertin entered the Miss Haiti Universe contest and won. She spent several months in Puerto Rico with the director of the Miss Dominican Republic and Miss Haiti franchises, Magali Febles, who took charge of her training for 2010 Miss Universe pageant.
Sarodj represented Haiti in the Miss Universe 2010 beauty pageant held in Las Vegas on August 23, 2010. Bertin believed that competing in Miss Universe would give the people of Haiti a voice, stating, “there are many people who want to help but don’t know how and sometimes they need a voice to tell them what are the necessities of the people. I want the people, through me, to be who says what their necessities are.”