The finale of Miss Universe Malaysia 2013 Pageant will be held on December 10, 2012 at the Setia City Convention Centre in Setia Alam. Kimberley Leggett, Miss Universe Malaysia 2012, is unable to pass the crown to her successor since she will be in Las Vegas for Miss Universe 2012. The winner will represent the country in the Miss Universe 2013 beauty pageant.
>>> Carey Ng Crowned Miss Universe Malaysia 2013
>>> IBTimes article slammed by Miss Universe Malaysia Organisation
Miss Universe Malaysia 2013 contestants
The first episode of The Next Miss Universe Malaysia will air on 8TV on 11 November, while the final episode will air just a day before the gala finale night, which will be held in the Setia City Convention Centre in Setia Alam on 10 December.
The final six contestants who survived the elimination processes of The Next Miss Universe Malaysia will vie for the title of Miss Universe Malaysia 2013 at the gala finale event. Additionally, two previously eliminated finalists will be given the opportunity to get back into the competition and compete in the gala night, as a result of two wildcards.
The first wildcard will be the result of sms voting by viewers of the show, and the second wildcard will be the judges’ wildcard. All together, there will be eight finalists competing in the gala night.
*There will be a different panel of judges for the gala finale to allow impartiality in the judging process. The list of judges for the night is still being finalized and will be announced closer to the date.
The judges for Miss Universe Malaysia 2013 pageant are:
– Andrea Fonseka, National Director of the Miss Universe Malaysia Organisation.
– Ben Ibrahim, TV Presenter. He is currently hosting a business program called Entrepreneur on Astro Awani, and is a commentator for the Asean Basketball League, which is aired on ESPN. Ben is also a freelance journalist and columnist. He has written for the New Straits Times, various English magazines in Malaysia, and currently writes for the Star newspaper.
– Benjamin Toong, the official stylist of Jiayu Astro CH 304 and JASPAL Malaysia. Benjamin Toong has enjoyed more than a decade as a runway trainer, fashion stylist and runway choreographer, and has been a fashion stylist for local and international fashion magazines.
– Kavita Sidhu, actress and a talented film producer and designer.
– Nadine Ann Thomas, Miss Universe Malaysia 2010.