Nina Davuluri, the reigning Miss Syracuse, was crowned the title of Miss New York 2013 at the conclusion of Miss New York scholarship pageant held on July 13th, 2013 at the St. George Theatre in Staten Island, NY. She will represent the Empire State at the upcoming Miss America 2014 in Atlantic City on September 15.
>>> Miss New York Nina Davuluri Crowned Miss America 2014
Newly crowned Miss New York 2013 Nina Davuluri. Photo courtesy of Gaspar Cruz.
newly crowned Miss New York 2013 Nina Davuluri (C) and her runners-up.
Davuluri’s pageant platform is Celebrating Diversity through Cultural Competence.
For talent, she performed Bollywood Fusion Dance “Mere Dholna (“My Love”)”.
Miss New York 2013 Nina Davuluri. She will compete at Miss America 2014 pageant in Atlantic City this September.
Miss New York 2013 final results:
– Winner: Nina Davuluri, Miss Syracuse. She received a $10,000 scholarship.
– 1st RU- Miss Manhattan Amanda Mason. She was given a $4,000 scholarship.
– 2nd RU- Miss New York City Acacia Courtney. She was given a $3,000 scholarship.
– 3rd RU- Miss Empire Rose Desiree Wiley. She was given a $2,500 scholarship.
– 4th RU- Teresa Lii. She was given a $2,000 scholarship.
Earlier, Krysta Prehoda was crowned Miss New York’s Outstanding Teen 2013 and will compete in Miss America’s Outstanding Teen 2014 pageant in Orlando, Florida this August.