Update: Miss Finland 2013 Finalists. 10 finalists of Miss Finland 2013 have been selected and presented to the press. They will be vying for the title of Miss Finland 2013 on May 5, 2013. They are:
>>> Lotta Hintsa Crowned Miss Universe Finland 2013
>>> Helianna Ylimaula, Miss International Finland 2013
>>> Maija Kerisalmi, Miss World Finland 2013
Miss Finland 2013 Finalists
1. James Labrie, 21v, 170 cm, 58 cm, 88-65-90, Helsinki, Bioanalyytikan student
2. Rashid P, 18v, 172cm, 68, 88-93, men’s featherweight, Heinola, vocational qualification
3. a Lotta Hintsa, 24v, 168 cm, 52kg, 86-61-89, Jyväskylä, Kauppakorkeaopiskelija
4. Laura Ahola, 24v, 171cm, 52kg, 88-64-89, Espoo, Make-up artist
5. Johanna Ahlbäck, 24v, 169cm, 53kg, 89-64-95, Turku, student/Freelancer
6. Maija Kerisalmi, 20v, 177cm, 60 kg, 89-66-93, Nokia, Student
7. Mona V, 24v, 168 cm, 53kg, 87-67-93, Turku, law student
8. Helianna Ylimaula, 169cm, 52kg, 23v, 85-66-93, Siuntio, a flight attendant
9. Catherine Suuniitty, well …, 175 cm, 65-90, 89, men’s featherweight, Rovaniemi, tourism student
10. Sara Jauhiainen, 20v, 171cm, 52kg, 80-63-86, pattijoki, consultant/student
These are their names in local language:
1. Elina Leskinen, 21v, 170cm, 58cm, 88-65-90, Helsinki, Bioanalyytikan opiskelija
2. Neea Poutanen, 18v, 172cm, 57kg, 88-68-93, Heinola, Merkonomi
3. Lotta Hintsa, 24v, 168cm, 52kg, 86-61-89, Jyväskylä, Kauppakorkeaopiskelija
4. Laura Ahola, 24v, 171cm, 52kg, 88-64-89, Espoo, Meikkaaja-maskeeraaja
5. Johanna Ahlbäck, 24v, 169cm, 53kg, 89-64-95, Turku, Opiskelija/Freelancer
6. Maija Kerisalmi, 20v, 177cm, 60kg, 89-66-93, Nokia, Opiskelija
7. Mona Virtanen, 24v, 168cm, 53kg, 87-67-93, Turku, Oikeustieteen opiskelija
8. Helianna Ylimaula, 23v, 169cm, 52kg, 85-66-93, Siuntio, Lentoemäntä
9. Katariina Suuniitty, 22v, 175cm, 57kg, 89-65-90, Rovaniemi, matkailualan opiskelija
10. Sara Jauhiainen, 20v, 171cm, 52kg, 80-63-86, Pattijoki, konsulentti/opiskelija
Check out later for photos of each finalist!
The finale of Miss Finland 2013 or Miss Suomi 2013 pageant will be held on May 5, 2013. Miss Suomi 2012 Sara Chafak will crown her successor at the end of the event. The winner will represent the country in both Miss Universe 2013 and Miss World 2013 pageants.
Miss Suomi 2012 Sara Chafak will crown her successor at the end of the event
Casting will take place Saturday, March 23rd. 25 girls will be selected to go to the semifinals. Semifinals will take place April 10th. And the 10 chosen finalists will be presented to the media on April 11th. There the girls will leave to Turkey for a week and then they will tour all over Finland for the next 2 weeks.
Traditionally, the finale of Miss Finland is held in the beginning of the year, usually January or February. However, in June 2012, MTV3, the company that has been broadcasting the live telecast since 1961, decided to pull the plug and not continue airing the show anymore. They claimed it is no longer profitable for them to broadcast the event.
Their decision came as a surprise since the ratings for the event have not gone down. Miss Finland pageant has been one of the most watched shows of the year.
After several months, the organization finally found a new broadcaster from LIV TV channel. It took a while for the two sides to reach the final agreement so the organization had no choice but to to push the date further to the spring. That’s why Miss Finland 2013 will be held on May 5th. This also means that Sara Chafak will have the longest reign as Miss Finland.
Come back later for the update on Miss Finland 2013 contestants!