The finale of Miss Ecuador 2014 will be held on March 15, 2014 and will be broadcast live in many countries across the America. 20 hopefuls from all over the country will be vying for the title. Reigning Miss Ecuador 2013 Constanza Báez will crown her successor at the end of the event. The winner will represent Ecuador at Miss Universe 2014 and Miss United Continent 2014.
The first runner-up will participate in Miss International 2014 while the second runner-up will compete in Miss Supranational 2014. The other finalists will be entering in various minor international pageants.
2013 was a very successful year for Ecuador with Constanza Báez as the second runner-up in Miss Universe 2013 held in Moscow, Russia.
At this moment, Carla Prado Thoret of Gustavo Otero won the Best National Costume Award.
The 20 Miss Ecuador 2014 finalists were presented to the press and public on February 5th, 2014 at the Yanbal Hall of the Hilton Colon Hotel.
Meet the 20 Miss Ecuador 2014 Finalists:
1. Alejandra Argudo Intriago (Portoviejo)
2. Ángeles Jaramillo Ludeña (Loja)
3. Carla Prado Thoret (Santa Elena)
4. Denisse Guillén Martínez (Milagro)
5. Diana Pereira Gálvez (Lago Agrio)
6. Dianella López Dueñas (Portoviejo)
7. Francis Caicedo Corozo (Guayas)
8. Inés Panchano Lara (Esmeraldas)
9. Irene Zabala Jaramillo (Guayas)
10. Karen Armijos Chiriboga (Pasaje)
11. Karen Paredes Cantos (Portoviejo)
12. Catherine Vergara Argudo (Guayas)
13. Lidia Veloz Alvarado (Coca)
14. María Teresa Zavala (Santo Domingo de los Tsáchilas)
15. Martha Romero Camposano (Guayas)
16. Samira Samán Jiménez (Guayas)
17. Sofía Baquerizo Medina (Guayas)
18. Valeria Ojeda Dávila (Pichincha)
19. Estefanía Londoño Monroy (Pichincha)
20. Alexandra Álvarez Idrovo (Cuenca).
Photo courtesy of Miss Ecuador.